By Savannah Porcelli
Attention, student writers! The Writers House annual Winter Creativity Showcase is coming up, and we are seeking student work in five different categories. Submissions opened on Friday, October 19. Our judges will carefully review all of your work. Those selected will have the opportunity to share their work in front of an audience of their friends and family.
This is open to ALL students, and you may submit work in any one of the following categories:
• Two poems
• One short story (8 pages maximum)
• One piece of creative non-fiction (8 pages maximum)
• One scene from a play or screenplay (under five minutes)
• One digital narrative (under five minutes)
Submissions are due by Monday, November 12.
Follow the guidelines below:
2. Use the subject line: Winter Showcase Submission
3. In the body of the email, include your name, genre of your work, class year, and email address
4. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE ON YOUR WORK.
5. For digital narratives, send the link to your video or podcast .
Winners will be announced on Monday, November 26. The showcase will take place on December 7, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. in Murray Hall 302.